Both a waterproof and vapor proof uncoupling membrane that can be used for crack-isolation in most tile, porcelain, or natural stone installations. It can also be applied over challenging substrates such as installation over green (young) concrete and single ply 19.2″ (49 cm) o.c. wood framed floors. When exposed to excessive substrate movement, it absorbs stress and preserves the surface and integrity of the tile.
- Helps prevent cracks in tile and grout
- Use to replace 1/4″ (6 mm) backerboard or a second layer of plywood in tile installations – 1 roll replaces 3-4 sheets of 1/4″ (6 mm) backerboard
- Use with polymer modified thin-set mortar – as recommended for bonding porcelain and other difficult to bond tiles
- Reinforced fleece bonding layer locks in mortar for a strong bond
- No fasteners required
- Mat made from 70% recycled pre-consumer waste, by weight